Monday, May 26, 2008

And So it Begins...

So I officially started to train today...I'm slow...but that's ok! I ran a mile today. It's not much, not much at all compared to the 13.1 I plan to run...but it's a start! I plan on starting slow though. I mean come on I just had a baby and haven't worked out in 10 months. So I took my friend Hollie's advice, but I am starting out with the 5k guide, and I am using Hal Higdon's training guides. I think tomorrow I will use the actual guidelines and run 1.5 miles tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be running 3 miles within the next 7 weeks. Once I've accomplished that there will be no stopping me!
Anyway, the point of this blog is for me to keep track of my running and to let you all know what I am doing and where I am at in my training. I figure if I do it this way there is no backing down. If you guys have any advice I would love to hear it!
I did do some more blog stalking the other day and got a great site from Erika's blog that I played with a little last night. It's a route tracker to show you how far a particular course is. Anyway check out those two links I have posted on my blog.

1 comment:

Hollie said...

I'm so proud of you! I know 13 miles seems like a lot, but you'll ease into it. It's fun because when I started running I couldn't even make 1 mile without walking half of it, but you get to see yourself get better every week. Good luck!