Tuesday, May 27, 2008

It's all about committment

I ran again today. I didn't want to. I worked a lot this morning at the salon and was dead tired. I figured it would be better for me to run on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. The reason for this is because I don't work on Monday and Friday and I work at night on Weds and Thurs. Anyway, I got home from work and hung out with Riley for a bit. We played at started to watch a movie. Jeff was outside mowing the lawn. Well Jeff came in and showered and came downstairs to hang out with us. I decided "Hey, I really need to run, even if I don't want to. If I plan on running this race at some point I can't flake out on day 2." So that's just what I did...I ran! It feels good afterwards. I'm not really a big fan of running...in fact I don't like it at all haha but I hopefully will get into shape faster and continue to run. I only ran a mile again...but I did cut my time down by 56 seconds!!! Anyway that's about it for today. I ran!

2 comments:

Lori said...

way to go! way not to back down on day #2. that's the hardest part, working through your dislike of running. (not even joking) eventually you'll get addicted. wuahahahaha.

another great site to help you plot out your courses: usatf.org we use it to figure out all our long runs. we love it.

Marc Gingell said...

Good for you! I usually flake on day 2 if I ever get started at all!