Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I can do it and I think I like it!

So I have been bad about blogging my runs lately but I promised I have been running. I went back to that site to get the training schedule for the 5k since I can run a mile without a problem. So technically I am starting over. But for a good cause. Yesterday was a rest/run-walk day but I ran 1.5 miles....and today was a 1.5 mile day so I ran again. I find running much easier in the morning and apparently it is better to do it when if you are trying to loose weight. Since that is my main goal morning runs are the best for me but sometimes not possible. Anyway, I ran almost the whole mile and a half today. I walked for the first minute because I needed a "warm up" and then after a mile I walked for a minute and then at like 1.4something I walked another minute and then finished off running and then had a 2-3 minute cool down and a nice stretch. I know this probably sounds lame...but I am proud of myself! Another feat I have accomplished amazed me...I think I LIKE running! WOW...that's all there is to say about that :)

6 comments:

Me said...

So I've been meaning to come to your new running site and now I have, and you're doing so awesome!!! Seriously, it reminds me when I started running too. I didn't particularly like it at all either I only really started liking it when I realized I really COULD do it and when you're not thinking of every second that you're running "am I almost done yet?" it'll start to go faster for you. It's harder on the treadmill for me cause I just stare at each second and it seems to last forever. OH YEAH and I was like WHAT link did she get from my site? then I realized that tracker was from Amelia's fitness and I've never actually looked at it so I'm going to try it! When I run outside I usually head to the trail off 700 S. Sometimes I drive there just to avoid having neighbors see me! Also, for the training of our last half marathon we used Hal Higdon's training too! Okay this is REALLY long but I'm so excited for you! And also it's okay to take breaks, just ease into running and don't get depressed if you don't go one day, it's okay. :) )

Lori said...

way to go carrie. yessss the addiction is starting. i can feel it.

welcome to the dark side. you'll never go back. ;)

Lori said...

so how's this last week been?

Marc Gingell said...

So.....Carrie.....yah.... :)
You been running? Come on girl! You're running a marathon..or 5K or 1/2 or something, right? Can't let us all down :) I wish I had even the motivation to WANT to do something like that, haha

Lori said...

how's the training coming?

becky rigby said...

I need you to start updating this again. =)